Off to Vancouver!

Just a quick sketch/painting. I was listening to Amy Winehouse while drawing and was inspired. Her music reminds of the wonderful Ella Fitzgerald and makes me want to dance around.

So in a whirlwind of hiring and packing, I'm off to Vancouver for the summer to be a character designer at Rainmaker for their first animated film. I'm not sure how this will affect the blog as I can't easily take my scanner on a plane, but I will update when possible.

The graphic novel is still very much in the works (I am nearly done a complete rough of the entire story) and I am also beginning to work on a story for Flight 5.

And if I don't have a chance to update again soon, I will be at the Comic-Con in San Diego, either helping out at the Flight booth or running around spending too much money on art books. I will hopefully have some art prints for sale too. If you are there, come say hello! :)

Comments

Tyson said…
Love the picture.

Congrats on the new gig - I am selfishly bummed that you won't be posting so much, though! I'll just have to look forward to your graphic novel, I guess!
Tony C. said…
Miss you already!
Nathan Lindsay said…
sarah, great as usual. my scanner broke a long time ago- I just use my digital camera now to get my drawings into the computer, so no excuses for you. keep entertaining and educating us :)
Vanhoozerbot said…
Wow.
Congrats on the new gig.
You will rock at it.

I hope to see you at the con!

Jeremy
aintshakespeare said…
Excellent! Great job on the job. And great job on the sketch.

Boo that the posts might be delayed, but yay for you. We'll deal with it. It's not like there aren't pleanty of beautiful pictures already here to look at.

Still... new is nice.:)
Tanja said…
That sounds awesome! Would love to hear about your experiences when you're back to blogging. :)
Richard Oud said…
Congratulations on the new job Sarah.. Hope you have a blast!
Alex-Triedro said…
I like much your works, they are of an extraordinary quality, and very personal. Luckily they have discovered your blog to me, or there was lost something to me important in this world. I will be happening, surely! A greeting from Spain. ;-D By the way, excuses my English, result of a automatic translator.
tom said…
Blue Sky missed out AGAIN! Why don't you freelance for US?! :) Good luck out there.
Mish said…
i just recently discovered amy winehouse too...she rocks!

congrats on the vancouver job...expect me to drive up there for a long weekend one of these days!
mike said…
lovely!

hey, congrats good luck and have fun! i'll be in touch. :)
Anonymous said…
Great sketch, as always. The red linework lends a neat warmth to the face, like she's flustered from whirling about on the dance floor. I love it.
g1toons said…
nice sketch, like you blog
Unknown said…
just greatness....ya work is like fresh air....seriously.
Unknown said…
Cool. See you at the Con Maybe. Look forward to meeting you.

Dave
Unknown said…
wow! amazing, goodluck at rainmaker!
Ryan Wood said…
Great post! I really like how the color of the lines blend with the skin tones.
Congrats on the new job, best of luck to ya.
Breadwig said…
Awesome pic. Wow, I've always wanted to do character design for a film or show. But my drawing chops are rather ummmm limited. I can't wait to hear how it goes up there! I love Vancouver, great town. Are you going to make it down to Seattle at all?
I really looooooove your art!!!

keep going!! ^_______^
tomwright said…
If it's the Escape from Earth movie, that looks really awesome. Don't forget to call Sara Jane and Roman. They are up there working at Vanguard this summer.